What a long and lazy week it’s been – I love it. Today was a low-key adventure with okaa-san, starting with a visit to one of her favorite stores ‘Tokyu Hands‘. It was loaded with swank stuff, including but not limited to:
- a 2-in-1 cutting/straining board
- a whale rice mold good for fun or curries
- cute chopstick flowers that you slide on about halfway up – they act as a lifted rest (no dirtying the table) and allow you to prop them diagonal on a bowl (it grips it!)
- this snappy silicone strainer that suctions to the side of the sink in a funnel shape, then collapses completely flat
- these cute cat tongs (below) that read ‘catch da nyan’ (nyan = purr in Japanese)
- an adorable hedgehog lunchbag :3
- a bunch of other stuff
After spending well over an hour in that wonderland we went to exit, only we were stopped by this magical candy table at the doors. If you bought something you got to scoop out candy from a basket, just because, and since okaa-san bought from 2 different levels (you pay per floor, not from the store overall) we both scooped some chocolate up. Right on man. Then we went to Daimaru and nabbed some food, which was a delicious mix of udon and shrimp tempura, mhmmm. Afterwords we slowly made our way down from the 8th floor, resulting in okaa-san being my future self (aka serious stuff lover, I think I’ve met my match!) and grabbing a cat planner, cat cards, more cat tenugui, and generally us browsing through everything in sight. Then we went to the food-stuffed basement and bought some hojicha jam, which we sampled and it was fantastic! That buy earned us enough points for ~$15 free at the bakery, so we loaded up on so many goods, god am I in bread heaven here. Then it was time to peace out, and on the way I got to admire all the uber-American Halloween decor and treats going on. Not gonna lie, I loved it full out.
Once we got home it was time to relax some more, get stuffed on bread and have tea time. Definition of a good time in my book.